Are you wishing to travel in Hanoi, Vietnam? adventure tour? sightseeing tour? but you does not have much information about there. Now, Huong Viet Travel will help you traveling easier and more convenient with some tips.
Cuisine in Hanoi, Vietnam
Hanoi has rich food traditions and many of Vietnam’s most famous dishes
Perhaps most widely known is Pho, a simple rice noodle soup often eaten as a breakfast dish in the home or at streetside cafes, but also served in restaurants as a meal.
Tourists often find to enjoy Cha Ca La Vong. Previously, Cha Ca La Vong is made of Lang fish, but recently, Cha Ca is mainly made of qua fish because Lang fish is now very expensive and rare, in addition, meat of Qua fish is stronger taste than Lang fish.
Cha ca La Vong is eaten with noodles and herbs: scallions, onions, dill, basil, roasted peanuts and shrimp sauce or fish sauce. You should eat when this dish is still hot, you will feel sweetness of fish, enjoy fragrant of cha Ca and spices.
Besides, you should once taste Thanh Tri rolls, “Thang” rice noodle soup or Ho Tay shrimp cake, nuggets of Vong village,etc.
Here are some culinary address for your reference
- Pho Ly Quoc Su (move to 33 Nha Chung)
- Bat Dan Pho 49 Bat Đan
- Chicken Pho Phu Doan
- Thin Pho Lo Đuc
- Cha ca 14 pho Cha Ca – Tel: 8 253 929
- Cha ca 107 Nguyen Truong To – Tel: 8 239 875
Shopping , price
If you’re particularly enthusiastic about quality textiles, clothes and handicrafts, shopping in Hanoi ( Vietnam ) will not disappoint.
The city also has a good range of day and night markets, both indoors and outdoors and you’ll find that night markets are more of a social than shopping occasion but that doesn’t preclude finding bargains at night.
A few locations to shop for you as: Hang Bac street, Hang Dau street, Hang Gai street, Intimex Supermarket, Little Hanoi, Trang Tien street, The Gourmand Shop …
Price in Hanoi is equivalent to Ho Chi Minh City, sometimes lower.
About hotel in Hanoi. Best luxury hotel in Hanoi is about 200 $ / night until the lowest price is $ 15 / night.
Budget Accommodation has cheaper price, about 4- 6 USD/ night. To find a budget hotel, you should come to the old town area. For room in the high season, such as Christmas, New Year, Lunar New Year, you should book in advance of 2-3 months. If you book a room at these time, the price can be pushed up.
You should book a room at the big hotels and book via Vietnam travel agency, the price will be much cheaper when you book directly at the hotel.
Other note when you travel to Hanoi, Vietnam:
- If you have a Hanoi packages tour in the summer, you should use lightweight clothing, absorb sweat because the weather is very hot during that time and you should bring a jacket, cool outfit in the winter because the temperature can be below 10 degrees.
- When you visit Ho Chi Minh mausoleum or temples, pagodas, you should wear discreet, do not wear short skirts, short pants
- you should bring a map when you visit the old town of Hanoi (it’s really interesting for shopping and sighseeing in Hanoi, Vietnam) because it is quite small and quirky
- If you are a tourist , you should not go out after 12 o’clock midnight beacuse people of Hanoi usually are not go out and go to bed, so the streets of Hanoi is often deserted and security can not be guaranteed.